Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Peacock Quilt

As many of you know I am partial to the wonderful gaudy jewelled colours of the peacock. A couple of years ago I was in Hobby Lobby, one of my fav craft shops in Georgia and I spotted a group of coordinated fabrics featuring peacocks.Not being one to resist purchasing ANY fabric let alone peacock fabric I bought a selection of these back to Australia with me and made this quilt. Because the fabrics were very busy the quilt had to be done in a fairly simple pieced block. I chose a pattern from "Quilts from The Quiltmakers Gift". "The Quiltmakers Gift" is a beautiful children's book which features many different fabrics and patterns woven into a story. The book features the quilts patterns in the story. The one I chose is actually on the cover of the book.
I always think it's fairly amazing how different quilts of the same pattern can be and this is a good example. Below is the entirely different result of my use of the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Dazzling, thank you for sharing your peacock quilt, Myra.

    ReplyDelete